Sunday, August 22, 2010

Food Files

As anticipated, I've spent most of my first week back in the apartment cooking. It's way too hot to cook before 8pm, but once that time hits, I'm invariably in the kitchen. I tend to make gigantic batches of things and then freeze them and eat them bit by bit for ages - saves money and allows for variety! Here's what I've been cooking up lately:

Banana Bread - it fell in the middle for some reason...not enough baking powder, maybe? Or just not enough time in my rather unreliable oven. The second loaf came out better.

Whole wheat carrot nut muffins. These are a breakfast staple. On busy mornings I just grab one of these as I dash out the door.

All time fav: Chocolate chip cookies. Duh!

Probably my mom's most popular casserole: Cheesy rosemary chicken bake. Here it is before...

...and after!

This bubbling mass is a curry concoction known to my family as Ugandan peanut butter chicken. I have no idea whether or not it actually comes from Uganda, but it's GOOD.

Zucchini quiche. More yum. My parents brought me a pile of produce from their garden a few days ago. The pile included three ginormous zucchinis. Thus zucchini quiche. And there's zucchini bread (sounds weird, but it's amazing, I promise) in the oven right now and zucchini madelines coming in another day or so. Yum yum and more yum :)

No comments: