Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Aaaand we're BACK!

Ok, I know it's been MONTHS since I last posted but people keep bugging me to put stuff up so I felt like I should really get back on this... Not like anything's happened since February...

Here's a few bullet points of recent events:

- Produced 3 days of LA Fashion Week Events with Simply Stylist (Amazing.)
- Overnight trip to Palm Springs (Brindsey-derek magic)
- First baseball game EVER
- Couple weekends in San Diego
- Flew to Japan for a week with a pitstop in China (Whoa...)

...oh yeah...and I MOVED TO NYC. Nbd.

It's been a bit of a whirlwind. The next few days I'm going to try to post a sort of photodiary summary to catch everything up but for now, here are a few things that make me happy:

Today's lunch break in Bryant Park.


 The CFDA Awards (last night) - shout out to the Altuzarra team and a HUGE congratulations to Prabal Gurung!!

 Wish my hair could do this...

 Prabal's hair here makes me smile. He styled it just like his old roommate/my boss... quite dashing of course :)

 Sunset views from my uptown sublet. My favorite time of day.


 Finally having a kitchen again means Sunday brunch! Last weekend was omlette day. Two eggs, red bell pepper, onion and tomato.


And then things get creative... 

DESSERT QUESADILLA
- spread butter in a frying pan
- coat one side of 1 whole wheat tortilla with creamy peanut butter
- sprinkle peanut butter with brown sugar and chocolate chuncks
- cover with a second whole wheat tortilla
- fry until chocolate chunks are melted and tortilla is lightly browned
- coat top with butter, flip over, and fry the other side
- sprinkle brown sugar and powdered sugar on a plate
- remove quesadilla from the frying pan and cut into pieces
- place pieces on top of the sugars and drizzle chocolate sauce all over it

This is what happens when I run out of chocolate chip cookies...
Next time I'm trying it with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream in the middle, some fresh strawberries and someone to share it with :) beware - it's really rich!

No comments: