Monday, June 20, 2011

NYC up to but not quite including GenArt extravagance

More adventures!
 Proof that finding a job in NYC can be a scary adventure: This picture was taken in the corner of an office in a building under construction on a dirty street in Chinatown. Up a seven story walk-up. I thought I was going to die. Then of course, I turned the corner and ended up in a showroom full of thousands upon thousands of dollars of gorgeous clothing. Definition of a downtown brand.


 Headed back to California for a weekend to see my darling Bri graduate...pretty much the best weekend ever.


 Central Park. Be jealous.

Also, got a chance to get a sneak peak inside the new Hyatt48Lex before it officially opens. I love peeking into construction site - everything is full of so much possibility! ..and it reminds me of the months I spent sleeping in a tent when my parents were remodeling the house...
 The hotel restaurant...in progress...

 The view from the penthouse is pretty much the best thing ever.

Summertime means summer FOOD! Hooray! See below for some of my life staples:

SALSA
My family's salsa recipe varies with whatever we can find in the grocery store and usually ends up a kind of salsa/bruchetta mix. Which makes sense seeing as we're from Italy and we live right by Mexico. I threw together a batch for a BBQ with friends on Roosevelt Island this last weekend.



 And obviously I took the leftovers home for dinner. Chicken-cheddar-whole wheat quesadillas...yum!

A couple pics by my lovely friend Desi :)
 Sunscreen, high-waisted shorts and LCS...yeah, nothing's changed. (Sidenote: I actually managed to spill this purple beer/fruit juice thing on my lovely shorts, staining them forever. However, this now lends the perfect opportunity to turn them into a cool ink-blot kind of print that I've been dying to try. Will update with results.)

 This is what BBQs in New York look like.

Ramen is a full meal. Or three.
 Yup. I've officially managed to turn Ramen into three full meals per pack. Just add more water and as many vegetables as you possibly can. Plus eggs for an Asian egg-drop/dumpling effect. Plus extra salt and pepper for flavor.

Summer's perfect breakfast. Bliss.

No comments: