Saturday, May 29, 2010

2.5 days and counting

In two and a half days I leave for a summer in Europe! 8 weeks interning in London for Fashion and Beauty PR heavy hitter, Modus Dowal Walker to be exact. Beyond psyched but I'm already starting to miss everyone back home.

A few notes from the past few weeks:

- Newport Landing is amazing. Eat upstairs and watch the sailboats race in the harbor.
- Get breakfast at Wilma's on Balboa Island - down the street there's a candy store from my childhood fantasies with like 18 barrels full of different flavors of taffy!
- The Filling Station in Orange has TERRIBLE SERVICE. Never eating there again.
- Haven in Orange still has the best fries. And the cutest servers. :)

My friend Stephen got me this amazing Stetson fedora from the Village Hat Shop in Long Beach.

I'm completely in love.

My parents cooked this incredible farewell dinner for me last night. SO amazing. The homemade pasta noodles were infused with marjoram from the herb garden and my dad made ravioli too! Wish I could post the recipe for his delish walnut sauce, but he's still perfecting it and won't let the secret out.


Oh! And one more thing! This year's Cecil Awards at Dodge College were a great success - despite being a bit on the unorganized side. Everyone had a great time - congrats to all of the hard workers who put a whole semester into this event!
Me and my fantastic roommate and Best Production Design nominee, Traci Hays.

The Jekowsky brothers. Jonas who?

No comments: