Sunday, May 9, 2010

Santa Monica

Lovely day in Santa Monica with an old friend. A few notes:

- NEVER take the 5. Always take the 405. Trust me.
- Buddy Belly one block west of the Promenade on Broadway=SO good. An cute - the water glasses are shaped like bamboo! But they card, even if you look 23 and your friend is 29...lame. I ordered the Spicy Thai Beef Salad which big and yummy and not too spicy - just enough kick to make it interesting and TONS of red onion which makes it an instant favorite with me.
- Menchi's on Lincoln and...and...hmm, forgot the other street but its the next street east of 7th? Anyways, it's like Cherry on Top but times 3 and all in the same spot! Just won #1 froyo place ever as far as I'm concerned.
- Great lady named Isabell teaches tango, salsa and pole dancing downtown. Met her on the beach, mental note to check it out at some point.

Thursday I went to the launch party for the Anaheim International Film Festival. Such a great event, great vibe, really great people. Pitched an idea to incorporate a fashion show and, thanks to Bruno Serato I think it might actually happen! Dinner at the White House - filet mignon in a Gorgonzola sauce - my stomach will be having happy dreams for weeks!

No comments: