Monday, May 31, 2010

Traveling with St. John

Less than 12 hours now - the counting down is getting slightly neurotic, I know, but with school out and only one consulting job what else can I think about but getting on that plane?!? Finished up the last of the packing this afternoon. This trip with be the inaugural voyage of my St. John weekender bag - a luscious carry-on gifted to me at the end of my internship in the St. John events department two-ish weeks ago.

Shockingly, I was able to fit 2 complete outfits, a pair of heels, pair of sandals, pajamas, drawing supplies and design sketch book, fashion textbook, all my cords, jewelry, Bible and toiletries in here without a problem! Definitely a good sign. Plus, it's nice to be carrying around a reminder of all the great times I had at St. John; what an incredible company! I can only hope that my time at Modus Dowal Walker is nearly as fabulous.

That's me dressing a mannequin for the Resort 2011 line sheets at St. John. The boots I'm wearing are Roberto Del Carlo - incredibly crafted Italian leather with line details around the leg. They're so comfortable I wear them obsessively which has caused a distressing amount of scuffing on the toes. The jacket is silk and was made for my grandmother 30 or 40 years ago in Thailand. When she gave it to me I wasn't sure about the color but now it's one of my favorites!

You can get a better idea of the jacket below - that's me and Saehee, one of the other interns and a whited out piece from the Resort collection. I don't know if St. John would be too thrilled with me posting pictures of their pieces before they show in stores! You can kind of see the earrings I'm wearing too. I picked them up from a street vendor in Rome. They're pretty and fun but super flimsy so I feel like I have to be careful wearing them.


No comments: