Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Impressionists

Please forgive me for not having posted in over a week. It's been one hectic finals crunch and it's been SUCH a relief to get away from it all and crawl into the warm seclusion of Benvenuto. The giant piles of mint/chocolate fudge and sugar cookies on the kitchen counter only add to the Christmas-y charm and hideaway perfection. I have a load of new books to read and as I've been happily devouring them, my thoughts have turned to the arts; the beloved intangibles that make life elegant. As previously mentioned, the Impressionists are my favorites, and, having foolishly believed that this art had been mostly ignored since before Picasso, was more than pleasantly surprised when my friend Jeff introduced me to two visionary artists (so hot right now!) who's work he not only greatly admires, but also owns.

The first is Malcolm T. Liepke. He has a penchant for depicting redheads and that's what brought the subject up in the first place.


(I adore this last one.)

The second was Paul G. Oxborough. His depiction of light is so striking, I could stare at it for hours.


New life goal: Meet these insanely talented people.

Images courtesy of the Eleanor Ettinger Gallery

No comments: