Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Refurbished Leather

Once upon a time a little over a year ago, I was walking by H&M when I happened to glance in the window and see a perfect little leather jacket. Upon dashing inside, I discovered that the darling I'd spotted was the last one in stock...and just my size! I plunked down $50 and enjoyed a good 4 or 5 months of prancing around in my new best friend until disaster struck. The cheap faux-leather shredded along the biceps and forearms, creating this really awful trashbag look! I couldn't bear to throw it away, so for the past several months it's just sat forelornly in my closet.

Until a few weeks ago,

When I decided to just cut the arms off and have done with it.

Voila! Instant chic leather vest! Plus I turned the extra good sleeve material into a headband :)

My jacket before...




Ewww! Shredded trashbag yuck!

After :)




Hooray for recycled fashion :)

No comments: