Sunday, July 18, 2010

A brief escape from reality

With some serious international issues bearing down on my shoulders, I was actually quite glad to escape for a bit on a mandatory trip to Canterbury with the EUSA program. The cathedral was huge and grand and everything that a medieval cathedral should be. That plus fish and chips from a local restaurant, the quaint little tourist town sights (including an exceptionally cute and talented street performer with a guitar singing Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah) and an excellent bar of dark chocolate with candied ginger and lemon accents from Hotel Chocolat, proved to be sufficient distraction from stresses soaring far outside of my control.

Here are some pictures from the day trip:

(The cathedral)




(Looking up)



(Probably the most medieval thing I've ever seen)

(Canterbury town cute-ness)

Ah, history...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Right. You've talked me into it Lindsey.I'm going too!