Thursday, July 1, 2010

This time it's my career...

Chapman University President, James L. Doti, recently referenced the following Mark Twain quote in an OC Register article about his latest mountain climbing adventure:

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain

The words have been reverberating in my head for days now.

Ever since the success of Chapman Runway's fashion show in December, I've been talking about launching my clothing line: LCS. I've been presented with all kinds of opportunities and contacts in the past six months, but to each one I always replied, "No, that can come later. It's too much work." It's too much work?!?! What a lame answer! Yves Saint Laurent took over Dior at age 21!

So about a week ago I decided to take the plunge and launch LCS Designs, the overhead company for the clothing line LCS.

Doti's quote came a few days later.

Today I told my contact at the OC Register that LCS is on it's way - so the news has officially been broken to the press.

OMG. I'm absolutely terrified and thrilled to the core - exactly how I felt when the girls and I first started laying the groundwork for Chapman Runway. Wish me luck! And I'll definitely be updating this blog with my progress - lookbook shoots, website launches, fashion shows, the works!

The current big project is to get a website up and running. If you have any tips, please let me know!

But for now I've got to finish packing - I leave for the Canary Islands tomorrow!

Here's the link to the OC Register's article about the December Chapman Runway show: http://stylebinge.ocregister.com/2009/12/14/chapman-stages-first-student-run-fashion-show/13599/

And here are some pics from the show, courtesy of Ben Cole.

(Erica Markert)

(Angelica Raquel)

(Tamta Papelashvili)

(Alexa Espinoza)

(Lauren Stroud - the press were all over this pic! Doesn't she look fierce?)


(My VP, the amazing Alexandra Angst, me (in a fantastically huge scarf Nate brought back from India for me) and our MC)

No comments: