Saturday, July 17, 2010

Friends is an understatement.

Ok, I know I've been REALLY lax on posting, but I've been so overwhelmed with fantastic LCS stuff on top of a bunch of craziness at work (good and bad, but that will have to come at another time) that it's been hard to sit down and focus long enough to say something actually thoughtful and informative. Hmm...

So here's a basic update on what's been going on with LCS Designs:

I've gotten SO much amazing support from fantastically talented people, I'm completely overwhelmed. I feel like there's this army rising up behind me to make this dream happen and I couldn't be more grateful and amazed. Alexandra Angst has been set up as my right hand. She rocked at Chapman Runway a year ago and I couldn't think of anyone I'd rather have. Alexa Espinoza just turned in some FANTASTIC specs of the LCS logo - still top secret though - we'll be sure to release them once they're finalized. Found a really talented webdesigner to put together the site - I'm sending him the layout come Monday so we can get to work! It's all moving so quickly! Most of the time I'm all on fire putting together timelines and to-do lists. The times when I'm not, I watch and episode of Kell on Earth and basically pretend Kelly Cutrone is telling me to get my act together and then all of a sudden I'm on fire again.

Nicolas Wendl, the French filmmaking prodigy who shot the original runway show in December is putting together a special edition for the website. He sent me this still frame a few days ago:


Stunning.

Meanwhile of course, I'm still in London. I've booked hotels for Paris, Barcelona, Nice and Varazze for the first week of August. In two weeks (or possibly less, again, I'll have to keep you posted) I'll be sipping coffee at a cafe in the City of Lights, partying all night in the most beautiful city in Spain, tasting wine on the French Riviera, and sketching new designs overlooking the Italian Mediterranean. Oh, and I fly out of Milan - that makes all four fashion capitals in one trip!

Mini shout-out to Tina Kazan: flying to Paris this week on business. So proud of her I can't even begin to say. :)

No comments: