Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I Left My Heart

I only spent about 20 hours in San Francisco but it was incredible. I'm so used to the sprawling blandness of LA that the character of this historic city just about took my breath away...even though the first 2 hours there I spent driving around completely lost. Not that I minded an extra tour of the city!

(I got lucky and had a super gorgeous day! When it's 75 degress and clear skies who wouldn't want to live in San Francisco?)

I spent the night with friends in So. San Francisco and in the morning I hit Filmore Street for some of the most amazing shopping of my life. Parking sucks though. There's one parking garage - it's on the street just above the Starbucks. (Thank you friendly - and cute - barista boy. Question: what to you call a guy who works at Starbucks?) Anyways, Filmore Street is quite the shopping experience. From Marc by Marc Jacobs to incredible boutiques filled with amazing creations by slightly less famous designers, I walked the shops for hours, my fashion senses buzzing with inspiration and excitement. My mecca here was Crossroads.
I'd read about the consignment store in a few other blogs and I'd seen one of them in downtown Santa Monica, but I was in San Francisco to see if it was as great as I'd heard. Luckily, I was in a treasure hunting mood and so digging through the racks upon racks of Forever21 teeshirts right next to Betsey Johnson dresses proved to be just as fantastic as rumored. I scored this airy white skirt and the strapless LBD I'd been searching everywhere for in a matter of minutes. And all that for less than $50.

(So in love with these! Already got about a billion ideas for how to wear them. I'm feeling a future post just on the uses of a simple LBD. Yay!)
San Francisco, I salute you!

No comments: