Friday, November 5, 2010

November Ocean

October was unusually rainy for California (I'm not complaining - hopefully this means no fire season this year!) so when the temp shot right back up to 101 degrees Wednesday, all I could think of was BEACH. So obviously, oblivious of all other obligations, I jumped in my car, rolled down every window possible and blasted down the freeway to Newport singing along to my latest mix snagged from a friend. (Music note: Like with most things, I'm a music packrat. I can't remember the last time I dug into Pandora or who knows what to find new music - I just have my friends make me mix CDs which tends to give me a very eclectic range of options. Wednesday's was a club mix by Derek - on repeat: the sickest re-mix of Michael Jackson's Thriller I've ever heard in my life)

The beach was everything I needed. Ignoring the smudge of pollution from Long Beach drifting along the horizon - gross! It was a beautiful day though and I just sat in the sand and worked on LCS and soaked it all in. Probably a little too much - the south side of my body is sooooo sunburned!

...So perfect...





The look du jour: Typical California easiness. Tattered sweater, homemade bangles, oversized tank, sunglasses from Nice, self-made cutoffs, belt ripped off of capris I bought freshman year of high school and vintage bag. Sometimes life is just GOOD.





No comments: