Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Playing with Kitten Heels

The cheeseball in me really wanted to name this post "Meow" or something...

Anyway, since Prada introduced their pointy, wicked kitten heels for Fall 2010, the fashion world has been in debate on the appropriate way to wear them. After seasons in six-inch platforms, we are balking at these little one-to-two-inch classics, fearing above all that they might make us look matronly as well as terrifyingly closer to our actual height.

(The kitten heel at Prada)

Having destroyed (through much love and use) my vintage crocodile pumps last year, I replaced them with black Calvin Klein kitten heels in January and got a little head start on the experimentation side of things. I have to say I was quite satisfied with the effect.

Here are some of the results:


I'm pretty sure I'm the only one on the planet who has paired kitten heels with an oversized Mexican sweater...


Worn with my new obsession: sweater tights from Jonathan Aston. They were a freebie from my internship in London and soooooo comfy! I wore this to a delicious brunch at Pacific Whey on PCH on a gloriously gloomy Sunday morning. Perfection.


And the "I'm in fashion and thus I must wear all black" version - worn to brunch at Cafe Lucca in Orange.


Slightly more traditionally worn - with vintage trousers. I love these pants! They're so perfect and sophisticated and comfy...


Worn with a black LCS top over a black LCS bandeau. I made the bandeau in about 30 seconds for my Halloween costume (still debating if I will ever post those pictures...) and it has now permanently entered my wardrobe. Hooray! It's really such a convenient piece - I'm surprised I didn't have one yet. Then again, they're harder to find than would be expected. I went through 11 different stores before I finally decided to just make my own.

No comments: