Friday, October 29, 2010

Fall at Benvenuto

Every once in a while, life gets utterly overwhelming and a little escapism is necessary. Thus, last weekend, after a baby shower for my cousin, I whisked myself away for a 24 hour breather at my parents' little country paradise: Benvenuto.

Every morning, my parents have what they call "coffee time." That may seem like a silly or self-explanatory name, but for the Saletta family this was a magical time. This was a daily ritual where my parents would disappear into the garden with their coffee and just walk around and soak up how beautiful everything was. It's a distinctly European tradition, but it's taught me so much about the worth of stopping an looking around me. Here are some pictures from my own coffee time last weekend:

View from the front patio. The recent rain made everything so much greener than it usually is in October!

View from the herb garden. This is why I'm obsessed with Italian cypress.

Sundial in the herb garden. I don't know if it works - I don't think it's ever been pointed in the right direction. My mom got it when we were kids. You can't see in the picture, but the top of the arrow is relatively sharp - definitely a safety hazard...


Fashion in the garden and two of my favorite things. A fresh strawberry and my Roberto de Carlo boots.

Our dog Joshua's hair is beautiful. It's almost blue...

You can tell it's fall when my dad starts stockpiling wood outside the front door. It's a yummy, cozy feeling that makes me think of blankets and hot tea.


My dad is kind of obsessed with decorating things for the seasons. It's crazy but totally adorable and I've definitely picked it up myself. To a lesser degree. I do actually have a few gourds out on the dining room table :)

The back patio and my sister's cat, Cookie. How many pumpkins can you spot?

...Sometimes he gets a little over the top...

Yes, the rooster is there normally.

Something about Thanksgiving silver and wheat is just SO beautiful.


Apparently roses and pumpkins go together now?

Lol. I can do all of the other ones, but this one just made me smile. A pumpkin in a beach-themed bathroom? Really Daddy?

No comments: