Sunday, October 17, 2010

Hello Art, Meet Fashion

Last Saturday night I was invited to hang out at the Hello Art Meet Fashion event a J Lounge in Downtown LA. Two minutes after I got there, I was swept off backstage with my friend Jocelyn to help get things ready for the runway show. After a little while of tromping around in ridiculous heels, Jocelyn dropped me off with a couple of her guy friends so I could watch the show while she continued to run around and act like the event planner she is. No other way to put it :) Overall the show was great (though a longer runway would have been nice) and the venue (a spacious outdoor patio looking out onto the downtown skyline) was pretty awesome. What made me happiest though was the amount of people commenting on the dress I was wearing. LCS, obviously. Yes, I do have a card. (*enter swelling feeling of fulfillment*)



Blurry pictures of the events space at J Lounge taken with my phone before I realized I had brought an actual camera.


A few of the runway looks:

Virginia Ying


Genaro Designs
(Basically the sickest ties I've ever seen in my life. I met the designer earlier and he was wearing one of his own designs and it was all I could do to keep myself from reaching out and touching it. Look out Derek, I may have just found your Christmas present...)


(Yeah. He does ties for chicks too...)


Joshua Bryan


(I'm definitely a fan of the big leather circle skirts. They just look like so much fun! Probably not very practical though.)


BlackMoth



I was waiting for pictures to get posted from the events team, but unfortunately the snap of the LCS dress I wore didn't make it to the website. Oh well, here's the lookbook shot - imagine that cinched with a tied leather belt and my chunky cage heels.


After the event, I met up with a friend of mine in Hollywood for a super late dinner at Aroma cafe. omg. So good.
Yeah. That was pretty much the best chocolate souffle ever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you switched black moth and virginia ying

Lindsey said...

Oh no! Good call - I was trying to guess from memory. SO sorry - it's been corrected!