Sunday, October 3, 2010

LA Textile Show

On Wednesday, Alex and I raced up to LA to catch the LA Textile Show at the California Market Center. WOW. It was amazing. So many booths of breathtaking fabrics, trims and notions - we were completely overwhelmed. I took a ton of notes (I wasn't really prepared to buy yet - more looking to see which mills made what) and I know exactly who I'm coming back to for Spring 2012. Fall 2011 though...I'm still looking for someone who makes traditional batiks. It's a mad treasure hunt, but I WILL FIND THEM! Somewhere...someday...preferably soon...

We stopped by a social media seminar put on by Fashion Business Incorporated (FBI...the acronym still makes me giggle) and that was really informative and encouraging. It was hosted by Frances Harder and I felt completely in love with her - perfect hair and slightly British accent and all. Plus, her book, Fashion for Profit just arrived at my house in the mail. :)


The California Market Center (CMC)

Textile booths!

Omg Amazing Trims! I just want to make entire dresses out of these!

The lovely Alex in her perfect red blazer perusing the 13th floor.

No comments: