Monday, October 25, 2010

Spring 2011 Runway Inspirations

Forgive me if I wasn't knocked flat on my back in awe of the collections this season. There were definitely some standouts, but the minimalism trend is really starting to grate on me...Even Balmain seemed to shrink a little this season. Where is the fantasy? Where is the adventure? I don't want clothes that help me blend into the everyday grind - clothes that make me sophisticated but bland! I want clothes that glow, clothes that fight, clothes that take the world to an entirely new level - I want clothes that captivate! Most of all, I want clothes that tell a beautiful and adventurous story.

That being said, here are some of the pieces that I especially enjoyed:

3.1 Phillip Lim

Valentino

A. F. Vandervorst (I love the fierceness of this dress)

Anna Sui (both above and below - I love the free-spirited hippie look. It's so easy, natural and beautiful but it still has a spunk and a life to it)

Emilio Pucci Look 23 (omg these boots...leave it to the Italians to maintain glamor on the sexy side in the midst of a global recession!)

Etro Look 20

Rodarte Look 4

And obviously Alexander McQueen. I can't praise Sarah Burton enough for the way she stepped up to this collection. It's true McQueen, but as all of the fashionistas are saying, it's a little softer, a little more accessible - and of course, it's just drop dead gorgeous.


McQueen Look 12 (I want this dress. I would wear this dress in a second. It's beautiful and perfect and I think I'm in love...)

McQueen Look 30. Swoon. And yes, those are all butterfly cut-outs.

McQueen Look 31

Photos courtesy of Style.com

No comments: