Tuesday, October 5, 2010

OC Style Week

On Saturday I got the chance to go to the OC Style Week Cadillac event at the Irvine Spectrum with some of the Chapman Runway girls. SO much fun! I wasn't a huge fan of the styling, but it was a great event and the setting was gorgeous! It was great to hang out with some of the Chapman Runway team again too - it had been much too long. Their president, Lauren Stroud, is pretty much amazing just fyi. We had a grand old time.


Red carpet pics: Above - Alexa (my fantastic graphic designer) and I. Below - Jesslyn (Chapman Runway VP) and Lauren (Chapman Runway President)



The girls :)



Such a cool, dramatic setting with the Ferris wheel in the background!


My camera's shutter speed is pathetic. There were so many looks I tried to capture and it just didn't work. See below for my sad attempts...




At the end of the show all the models came out clapping - I thought it was a super cute effect and it gave me a chance to actually get a few decent shots.


I'm pretty sure I've worked with the smiling girl in the gray pants at St. John before. She's super nice - wish I'd gotten a chance to catch up!

It's funny, as I get deeper and deeper into this world I start to recognize faces and feel more and more like I belong here. For example, my old lighting guy from my first runway show now works for the company that lit this event and I ran into the OC Fashionweek guys in the press section. It's a small and exciting world and I'm loving every second of it!


Best shoes ever at Nordstrom. AMAZING. I want them.

After the show and a little perusing around Nordstrom, I took off for a date at the Ritz restaurant in Newport. SO good! Best mushroom soup of my life, followed by the best scallops of my life, followed by a divine raspberry creme brulle. I die. Lol. Plus it's a great old fashioned setting complete with dim lighting and a piano man. The only let down was that they card religiously. No wine for me. Still, it was an awesome night and a great meal - thank you OC Restaurant Week!

Style challenge of the night was to go from the Spectrum to the Ritz without a full wardrobe change. What do you think?


Add the J. Crew white button down and F21 belt (and a chain necklace I found in the storage room at St. John - best free necklace ever!) for a military look (you can't really see but the dress and shoes are the same shade of dark grey), plus the vintage Prada bag of course....

And then take it off to reveal a sweet and sexy Opening Ceremony dress. I adore the asymmetrical neckline and the sheer crochet side panels. Yet another rash shopping decision made thanks to Derek...So worth it.

No comments: