Sunday, January 9, 2011

Vintage and Rodeo Drive

Went to LA yesterday to do a little shopping and discovered one of the most outrageously fantastic vintage boutiques known to man: The Way We Wore. Gorgeous stuff, often designer labels, and the second I start getting a paycheck that's above student wage I'm going back for one of those leather bags. And one of the oversized owl pendants. And that fantastic giant clutch. And the giant black tulle skirt by someone I don't remember. The list keeps going people... Not to mention the shop girls are all really sweet and stylish. Wish my hands hadn't been shaking so much when I took these pictures though. Too much Americano, too little actual food...

Purse corner.

Perfect oversize clutch.



Belt drawer I'd like to wade through.


Remember when Forever21 came out with those owl pendents everyone was in love with? Well I think these were probably the originals. Exquisite. Wish they weren't so blurry - the owls are actually surprisingly expressive.


After a very successful trip there (I did manage to purchase a pair of black leather gloves - so I can cut the fingers off of my old pair of black leather gloves...) I headed to Rodeo Drive because I've never actually spent much time there. Definitely worth paying way too much in parking (note to self, it's cheaper just a few blocks over on Beverly Blvd.). Here are some pieces that caught my eye:

 
Brunello Cucinelli. Saks Men. When I have a husband and we go to Barcelona I'm buying him this.

Chanel. Always a win.

Nicolas Kirkwood for Rodarte. LUST.

 
Ugliest shoes ever: 1. Crocs. 2. Uggs. 3. These. Except I would wear Uggs around the house.

 A certain friend of mine who will remain unnamed has something like these for men. They horrify me. No, we will not be matching next week.


I ended the day with a pair of Kill City jeans and a sheer top (it's perfect. I've been looking for this top for YEARS) from Planet Blue. Good day.

Meanwhile, my friend Nate had a better day. He just posted these pictures from New Years in Saipan. Not jealous at all...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

please don't dis uggs. honestly. :)

you'll never guess who i really am...