Monday, January 31, 2011

Couture

Couture. Fashion at its utmost. At its finest. The epitome of quality, grace and craftsmanship. At least, that's what couture is supposed to be. And I suppose the embodiments of such traits can come in countless shapes and sizes, but still...jeans on the Chanel couture runway? Is it just me, or does that seem a little...well...less than luxe? Then again, as so many supporters point out, if people will pay hundreds of dollars for Balmain jeans, then why not thousands of dollars for couture? Regardless the excitement I felt Chanel lacked was made up for in spades by the craftsmanship of Givenchy and Dior and the energy of Jean Paul Gaultier. As for Armani? Well...let's just say I'll be interested to see if any of the pieces make it past the runway. The shiny, futuristic theme was beautiful, but a little too otherworldly to be very wearable. Here are a few of my pics from this season:


 Alexis Mabille
(Clean, simple, pure. Maybe a little too much so?)

Armani Prive

Jean Paul Gaultier
(I actually really like this jacket)

Chanel

Chanel
(Jeans or not, who couldn't love this finale?)

Dior
(Someday I will be glamorous enough to wear this)

Dior
(Way better than Belle's yellow Beauty and the Beast gown. WAY better.)

Elie Saab
(Reliable red carpet wear as per usual)

Elie Saab

Givenchy
(I've never been into samurai, but these are pretty amazing.)

No comments: