Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Moonlight and Michael Jackson

Through my work with Modus Dowal Walker, I was lucky enough to witness a press event Paul & Joe put on for the beauty editors of London about two weeks ago. The event showcased the brand's A/W Claire de Lune collection (aka moonlight) with the help of international make-up artist, Craig Ryan-French. I can't divulge much, but I can say that what I saw was fabulous! Perfect shades of eyeshadow, delicious smudgy liner, and lipstick with...an adorable surprise! Definitely worth checking out.

The event was held at Pineapple Dance Studios (a multiple story building near Leicester Square filled with the sweating precursors of this century's greatest movers) and included a "thrilling" lesson in Michael Jackson style dance (the connection was moonlight/moonwalk...bit of a stretch but still really cute) with a super hot and talented dance instructor. Suffice it to say, everyone had an amazing and slightly embarrassing time.

(That's me in the middle next to our instructor...of course. Photo courtesy of Modus PR)

I walked away with an extra gift bag of glorious makeup samples and dance gear (going directly to my dancer sister, Rebecca, as soon as I'm back in the States!). Love this job. Now if only I can get my hands on some Liz Earle...apparently she launched a hair care line last week and I'm DYING to get my hands on some of that product!


(My bags of goodies! Which reminds me, there should be a gift bag from last month's Young Hollywood Awards waiting for me when I get home...in August)

No comments: