Sunday, September 5, 2010

A breath of savory fresh air

Life can get totally crazy and so I like to keep plenty of green in my room. Growing things are so encouraging - plus they eat up carbon dioxide and provide me with tasty cooking ingredients. A few days ago I was down in San Diego and my mom helped me put together a hanging basket of my favorite herbs:


(Rosemary)

(Oregano)

(Savory)

(Mint. It's crawling tendrils like to cascade over the edges of the pot. I dunno, I think it's pretty cool...)

(Chives)

(This blank space is where I planted a few nasturtiums. When they grow and they'll be vines covered in round leaves and bright orange, edible flowers)


I've had a potted pothos in my room for a year now. I named him Porthos after one of the Three Musketeers.
(I collected the colored pebbles off of the beach in Brighton, England.)

No comments: