Thursday, September 9, 2010

Under the hot sun the sandy earth breeds inspiration...I hope

Had an AMAZING test shoot with Adam last weekend out in the middle of nowhere. Coolest thing is, we didn't even have to climb fences or even go more than 500 feet from the car to find this fantastic set! I can't wait to shoot there on Sunday. This is going to be mind-blowing.

We had fittings and a make-up run-through last weekend too and all the girls are beyond excited about the shoot. It's nice to have all the enthusiasm around :)

Here are some test shots Adam took with me. The set is amazing. My modeling...not so much...


Very cool cement thing. No idea what it is...


Such a cool, vegetated moonscape kind of feeling.


I am obsessed with the colors of these rocks! SO beautiful!



Yeah...what you don't see here is the next shot where I almost went tumbling head-first off of the cliff. The rocks were really dusty and slippery and it was difficult to keep your balance. Once again though, the dusty color is perfect; exactly what I was looking for.


Adam and I loved the layering in this frame. There are so many levels, your eye just has to keep looking and looking.


This shot was taken about when I started to realize that I would look better on camera if I wasn't trying...


Way cool dried up riverbed. It looks perfect for the shoot now, but I'd love to see it with actual water in it. I'll have to make a trip out here during spring after it rains...



This last shot is one of my favorites. It's silly and fun and the location looks really good. Adam is so talented. Can't wait for Sunday's shoot, but before then, tomorrow night is Fashion's Night Out! How many fabulous activities can YOU squeeze into one weekend?

No comments: