Thursday, September 23, 2010

Peanut Butter Cookies

So I keep waiting to post until my photographer sends me pics from the shoot but life is crazy and things don't happen and I haven't posted in WAY too long. Anyway, after bringing some cookies to set and getting rave reviews, I decided to post the recipe. Baker's note: these are amazing when you microwave them for 15 to 25 seconds :)

Saletta Family's Peanut Butter Cookies:

1 cup shortening
1 cup peanut butter (if natural peanut butter, add oil)
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 tsp baking soda
3 cups flour
1 tsp salt

Ungreased cookie sheet, 375F for 12 minutes



TIP: This recipe makes a lot of cookies. You can cut it in half, of course, or you can do what my family does and freeze the leftover cookies to eat later. Call us crazy, but freezing is AMAZING. It helps the cookies keep their freshness over a long period of time instead of getting stale like they do if you just leave them on the counter or in a box in the cupboard. Just stick them in a ziplock, toss them in the freezer and whenever you get hungry pull one out and pop it in the microwave for a taste like it just got out of the oven. It works for other things too. Banana bread, casserole...I am the freezing master! Haha

No comments: