Thursday, February 17, 2011

Creme puffs, beach and wine

Home is where the heart is. And espresso creme puffs with chocolate graduation caps decked with blackberries and sitting on a caramel covered plate. Over the top? Maybe. But that's my dad and they were GOOD. He must have made at least 20 last weekend for my family's little celebration of my officially completing basic schooling for the rest of my life... (and yes, that's a yellow, chocolate '11 hanging off the chocolate tassel there...)




 Surrounded by a centerpiece of lemon blossoms. Life is good.

Followed creme puffs shortly with another Laguna trip...
If there is a meaning to life beyond creme puffs and beach, sometimes I'm not sure if I care.

In other news, a Samsara 2009 Sta. Rita Hills Pinot Noir is now on my favorite wines list, Bacardi rum with 2 parts diet coke, 1 part lime margarita mix is actually pretty good (welcome to grad presents and a sparse fridge), and I Can't Behave Myself by DeadMouse5 has been my theme song for two weeks now. Thanks Derek for 2 out of 3.

No comments: