Sunday, February 13, 2011

Fashion Week days 1 - 3 (ish)

Hooray for Fashion Season! Such a ridiculous stressball of adrenaline that I will someday (God willing) become much more involved in. Until then, I sit in LA with my two unattendable invites and dish out my own personal judgments. Here are a few standouts from the first 3 days. (Help! It's day four already?!?!)
 Prabal Gurung. Soooo many of my favorite things here: off the shoulder, tiny waist, full skirt, little black gloves...

Edun. Awesome. Took my breath away. The rest of the collection, not so much but the balance of these prints is just perfect.

 Jason Wu. I wish I could see the back of this dress. If it's got a ballerina, scooped back then yes please! Otherwise, it might be a bit too simple. Totes a Blair Waldorf dress.


 NAHM. First collection by Tommy Hilfiger's daughter and based off the concept of the shirt dress. The makeup was a bit distracting, but this dress I would def wear in white. Or blue. Or yeah, maybe actually in this rust color...

 Nicole Miller. WANT. So much this season (so far) has been more Annie Hall than warrior princess. I vote warrior princess every time.

 Peter Som. Two words. Gorilla Arms. Thank you to @ManRepeller or whoever coined this term on Twitter. This may turn out to be one of the worst ideas this season.

 Rebecca Minkoff. A show full of super cute, super wearable, not really envelope pushing pieces. Gotta love this coat though. It's pretty much perfect.

Ruffian. Who doesn't love a little black lace dress?
 BCBG. Love the flowy skirt and the cuffs. Plus, I swear I own those boots...

Vena Cava. 90s throwback. NOT a fan...

 Alexander Wang. I KNOW he's brilliant at what he does, but it just doesn't quite fit my aesthetic. Would I pull this for a shoot though? Absolutely.

 Altuzarra. Most of this collection was 90s themed and I couldn't stand it. The asymmetrical color blocking of this dress hit a weak spot with me though. Until I noticed the fuzzy shoes...

 Boy Band of Outsiders. Totally wearable pieces but...is that a dude chastity belt? Or part of rock climbing gear? Or what?

 Daryl K. Again, much of this was 90s. But sheer sleeves, LBD and a red head?...sigh.

 Erin Fetherson. Nothing groundbreaking. But I WANT this dress.

Thanks style.com for the pics!

No comments: