Thursday, February 10, 2011

Why Socks and Sandals are Never Going to Happen

I'm going to just point this out now that fashion season has officially started (and it's already 9am on the east coast! I'm already behind!), the push to make socks with sandals a trend needs to DIE. Now. Quickly. Before it trickles down to the masses and the forever-shunned tourist look starts to (heaven forbid!) become okay!! The closest thing that I can handle is sweater tights that look kind of like socks but they're not because they cover your whole leg...those I can handle. So Prada FW2010 you're ok. But WWD, I don't care if it's styled with Rodarte for Opening Ceremony, the socks/sandals trend does NOT belong on the cover.

Watch. The first 17 shows of NY Fashion Week will all include some form of this trend just to spite me.
 WWD cover from Wednesday, Feb 9

 
 Yup...celebrities are trying to do it too... look below. That's what we're encouraging, people!


No idea where this pic was taken, but I completely support the sentiment. Hear hear!

In other news, I received my first ever official invitation to NY Fashion Week this year - to my gorgeous friend, Ela Acosta's show in Concept NY. Soooo wish I could have gone! I'll definitely have her send me over pictures. Things have been a little too hectic in LA lately...

No comments: