Thursday, July 7, 2011

Resort Round-Up

At long last, this season's Resort Round-Up is here!! Resort is pretty much over (there may be a few stragglers out there but sorry, it's all couture now, you missed out) and I've reviewed as many photo albums off style.com that I can POSSIBLY digest and I've picked out the following completely outstanding ensembles. See below for YESs, the WANTs, the WHAT WERE THEY THINKINGs, and a couple just really cool takes on this more commercial season's lookbooks.


 Alberta Ferretti. Flawless jacket. Could never keep it clean. Still a WANT.

 ALC. Easy, breezy, beautiful, NOT CoverGirl. YES please!

 Balmain. No Christophe Decarnin but no drop in the badass-ness. WANT.

 BCBG Max Azria. Love a romance in white! And the sheer skirt trend is something I'm totally buying into. Or would if I had a budget of any kind at all. YES please.

 Burberry Prorsum. If you can wear this, then you have arrived. Anna Dello Russo, here's looking at you. Shoes are mine though.

 Chanel. Chic-est one-piece I've ever seen. YES.

 Chloe. Pure freedom. Terrible shoes. Still a WANT.

 Chris Benz. No idea what he was thinking with the clothes, but def the best lookbook backdrop EVER. 

 Costume National. If that is red leather, it's badass. If it's fleece, it's unwearable and I have a purple version shoved in the bottom of an old dresser at my parents' house from back in the 90s...

 DKNY. One of the only times I've actually been enthusiastic about polka dots. WANT.

 Emporio Armani. Hmm...I dunno...plus, the shoes look like Crocs. What were they thinking?

 Givenchy. What do you get when you cross a granny sweater, a tropical wetsuit and Navajo shoes? This. Ten points for creativity but umm...potentially a little too much?

 Gregory Parkinson. Boho chic, hippie-fabulous and so so wearable. YES.

Jen Kao. WANT. But with better shoes.

 Kevork Kiledjian. Classic perfection. YES.

 Lanvin. I mean, come on, how do you say no to Lanvin? YES.

 Martin Margiela. Omg. I would wear this outfit EVERY DAY. Except for the glasses. But wow. LOVE. WANT.

 Alexander McQueen. Sarah Burton remains amazing. More evidence of the sheer long skirt trend. YES.

 Alexander McQueen again. Divine. Perfection. Go-to gown. WANT.

 Michael Kors. AGH MY EYES! WHAT WAS HE THINKING???????

 Missoni. Whoa...my eyes have no clue where to look...

 Naeem Khan. Just skip the dress and look at the back. Love. Love love love. YES.

 Peter Jensen. Points for the lookbook. I don't even care about the sweater. I wouldn't buy it. But I kind of want this picture on my wall.

 Peter Pilotto. Awesome print, favorite colors, strappy heels. Yes, yes and YES.

 Philosophy. I'm speechless. I want to be her. This is BEAUTY. WANT.

Proenza Schouler. Wear it today, wear it forever. YES.

Thoughts?

Photos courtesy of Style.com.

No comments: