Saturday, July 9, 2011

Summer Pasta

Summer Pasta

Pasta is one of those Italian/broke girl staples, and being both, it's something I usually find my way back to when the cupboard is getting a little bare. But on a muggy summer afternoon in NYC, the LAST thing you want to do is eat something hot and covered in sauce, so I headed in a different direction. What if I could come up with a pasta that's as light as a salad but I can still get that oh-so-satisfying feeling of having a starch-based meal full of carbs?

I started out by sauteing some chicken breasts in garlic and olive oil and then added some onion...
(always a good start, right?)


Then I added some broccoli and zucchini...


I cooked the pasta noodles and then put the chicken/vegetable mixture on top. I melted about a tablespoon of margarine (70 calories so I swear it's not THAT bad) and poured it over the top. Then I stuck the plate in the fridge for about 20 mins to cool it off, pulled it out and...

...mission accomplished. Light, yummy, buttery and healthy. Life is good.


No comments: