Monday, July 25, 2011

UptownDowntownBohemianSomething

It's been a little while since I did an outfit post so there's some catching up to do. I still tend to approach getting dressed like putting on a costume (that's part of the fun of it after all) so yes, a couple of these are a little funny. But I wore all of them out of the house :)

 Oh the magical things you find when shopping your closet! Suddenly this tube-dress/bathing suit cover-up from a street market on Oahu transforms into a perfectly trendy high-waited midi-skirt! And sooo comfy in this disgustingly hot weather! I actually ended up swapping the white tank for a black LCS one and strapping on some chunky heels for a night out in Brooklyn with my girls.

 Sunday brunch in the Upper East. Just wish the hat had stayed on a little better...

Dive bar date with Mary. Red lipstick, whiskey, va-voom-y hair and all the silliness you can imagine.

Plane outfit for the flight to San Diego. Ok confession, I did swap the Rosseaus for sandals and then put them back on once I arrived. I dunno, there's something about standing at the curb in a great pair of heels with your weekender bag next to you, waiting for a handsome man (my dad in this case) to pick you up in a convertible and whisk you off to an estate in the country... the Madrid pants are definitely one of my best European finds to date.

 Can't remember if I wore this to the Ed2010 Happy Hour or the Mediabistro mixer last week...both bars packed with kids like me trying to find a job. I tend to get stupidly excited when I find new uses for things (see Hawaii skirt above) so discovering another way to style this tribal LCS bandeau pretty much made my night.

 Gotta stop cutting off my shoes in these pictures though. These rust pumps are so old they're getting a bit rickety, but I wear them anyway. The color and fit are just so perfect...


This is Jasmine. She's the gorgeous Arabian I get to ride when I visit my friend Dave out on Long Island. She's pretty much the most amazing horse you'll find anywhere. We like to gallop through fields and kick up wild turkeys - Jasmine doesn't spook at anything. She's quite the little princess though and she refuses to get her feet wet...


Random NYC sunset at Riverside Park a couple weeks ago. It's the little things :)

No comments: