Monday, July 18, 2011

San Diego Weekend

Hopped on a plane Thursday morning and took off for an extended weekend at Benvenuto. My parents were super generous and flew me out so I could be at my Auntie Midge's memorial (more on that in a later post). Though a death in the family is possibly the worst reason to end up at our family's beautiful country hideaway, it was a very necessary break nonetheless. Lots of beach and family time and not too many awkward, "So...what exactly are you doing in New York?" questions. Overall, it was bliss.

 Even the airport in San Diego is gorgeous...
 After stuffing our faces with the most amazing vanilla malt shake of my LIFE at Hodads (SD burger joint staple in Ocean Beach for those of you who don't know), my brother and sister and I found this awesome hidden beach and settled in for a gorgeous afternoon. It's a perfect nook if you want to get out of the crowds and you don't mind hanging around hulu-hoop wielding Rastafarians. Welcome to San Diego :) - and yes, that's my brother, Ben, on the edge of the picture...



Fantastic trip, much needed break, and now I'm thoroughly sunburned and back in the city, ready to take it all on once more. Deep breath people, here we go again!!!

No comments: