Friday, July 8, 2011

The Washington Heights Digs

So my little NYC home has it's downsides (no AC, air mattress bed, hour-long commute to anywhere, no local nightlife) BUT it's HOME. It's got a big kitchen, my own space, laundry in the Columbia dorms next door is dirt cheap, and I've completed all the nesting rituals to make coming home at 2am feel like the best thing in the world. I've been getting a lot of questions about what said apartment looks like, so I grabbed a couple snaps to give you a little peak into my home in the Big Apple.

The room. That big white patch of air out the window is the George Washington Bridge. The sun sets right behind it and then it lights up at night - gorgeousness every day.


Shoe collection!


Makeshift makeup table on my broken suitcase.


The chick who had my room before left this desk behind! It became my dresser/desk/bookshelf.

Jewelry :)
 Portfolio, cookbook, fave books and movies and knicknacks

Closet had a few hangers in it when I got here and I brought some with me, but there are still 2-4 items on each one. Good thing I had practice doing this last summer in London. There's some LCS faves in the back...


 In case you're wondering, yes, it WAS absolutely essential to bring five purses with me to New York. The fifth is the big black one from Florence that I keep on my desk.

 Bathroom cabinet! Yeah...it's a good thing both the med students I'm living with don't believe in a lot of toiletries.

No comments: